Happy Monday and welcome to Day 8 of the challenge.
Let’s start this week off strong with the ever fierce Warrior II pose. This is one of my favorites as it helps with my concentration, something that is lacking significantly since having kids.
- Strengthens the legs and opens the hips and chest.
- Helps develop concentration, balance and groundedness
- Energizes the entire body
- Improves circulation and respiration
How to do it:
- Begin in Mountain Pose, focus on your breathing and eliminating distractions. Now turn to the left.
- Exhale and step out so your legs are 4 – 5 feet apart. Make sure to align your heels with each other.
- Turn your right foot so it’s pointing towards the top of the mat.
- Pivot your left foot inward slightly.
- Lift through the arches of your feet while rooting down through your ankles.
- Raise your arms so they are parallel to the floor at shoulder height. With your palms face down reach out with your fingertips.
- Bend your knee in front as you exhale and align it over your ankle.
- Sink your hips low bringing your thigh parallel to the floor.
- Turn your head and gaze to the right making sure to keep your torso perpendicular to the floor.
- Broaden across your collar bones and lengthen the space between your shoulder blades.
- Hold this pose for up to one minute.
- Inhale as you release and re-position to do the opposite side.