I’ve always loved the idea of birthday traditions, and since we live so far away from all our family and friends and my kids won’t get big family birthday parties each year for their birthday, I’ve made it my mission to come up with some fun traditions they can look forward to on their birthday.
One of these traditions, and quite possibly the one I’ll be the happiest I started is the Birthday Interview. I actually did this interview last year for each of my boys, but I was an idiot and had it saved in the Notes on my phone, and when I got a new phone I, of course, forgot to save all my Notes and lost so many written memories including their birthday interviews.
This year I was determined to do better and created an interview that I could save on my computer, as well as print out and put in a book for each of my boys to have when they are older. I plan on giving each of my boys this exact same interview every year on their birthday until they are 18 and look forward to seeing how their answers change throughout the years.
So without further ado, here is Mikey’s Birthday Interview for 4 years old.
- What is your favorite color? Green and red
- What is your favorite TV show? Robocar Poli and Paw Patrol
- What sport do you like the best? Soccer
- What are you really good at? Soccer
- What is your favorite book? Choo Choo books (Trains Don’t Sleep)
- What song do you love? ABC’s and counting song
- What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Lucky Charms and waffles
- What is your favorite treat? M&Ms
- Who is your best friend? Dima and Joseph (friends in his class)
- Where do you want to go on vacation? Emma’s house
- What is your favorite toy? Choo choo tracks (Thomas & Friends Super Station)
- What is your favorite food? Apples
- What food do you dislike the most? Chocolate milk
- What is your favorite memory? Going to Disney and riding the train
- What is your favorite animal? Giraffe
- Favorite thing to do with Mom? Go out to eat
- Favorite thing to do with Dad? Eat at home with just Daddy
- Favorite thing to do as a family? Go to the park
- If you had a million dollars what would you buy? Another garbage truck
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A policeman
If you’d like to start this birthday tradition with your little ones please enjoy this printable I’ve made. Birthday Interview
What are birthday traditions that you have for your family?
We like to plan a special outing instead of a big gift for our boys. This year I booked a Heroes Train Ride for Mikey but it was canceled last minute so we had to wing his birthday and go to Get Air in Hilliard instead. Luckily his cousins were able to come down to celebrate with us and he still had a fantastic time celebrating his 4th birthday.