I wanted to share one of my favorite summer recipes with you. Ritz Pineapple is something that my mom used to make for every cook out that we had at our house and it was always my favorite! The combination might seem strange to some people but if you give it a try I guarantee you’ll probably like it.
My mom always called it Ritz Pineapple because we used a sleeve of Ritz crackers to make it. (Something we almost always had available in our pantry when I was growing up.) The combination of pineapple, cheese, and the cracker crumble just melts in your mouth.
Side Note: If you’re far in your pregnancy and looking for something to get labor going eat a bowl of this. I credit it with sending me into labor 2 weeks before my due date with my first!
But anyway…on to the recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 TBS all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated sharp cheese
- (2) 20oz cans of Pineapple chunks drained and 6 TBS Pineapple juice (I prefer Dole)
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 8 TBS (1 stick) butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a medium size casserole dish. I use my 9×13″
3. In a large bowl mix together your sugar and flour. Gradually begin adding in your cheese. Add the pineapple chunks and mix until combined. Pour into casserole dish.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Or until a light golden brown.
(I love to eat the leftovers cold the next morning. But it is also delicious reheated)