Welcome to Day 2 of the 30 Day Yoga Pose Challenge. Thank you for joining me on this little journey to find more calm and peace in your life despite the daily chaos that comes with motherhood.
Today I’d like to focus on the Cobra Pose.
- Opens up your chest while strengthening your core.
- Realigns the spine and helps invigorate the nervous system and kidneys.
How to do it:
- Lie on your belly with your palms flat on the floor under your shoulders, and your legs together.
- Now pull up the knee caps while squeezing your thighs and buttocks, and press the pubic bone down into the floor.
- Inhale and lift your head and chest off the floor without using your arms. Be sure to keep your neck in line with your spine.
- With your elbows close to your side, press down onto your palms and use your arms to lift yourself a little higher.
- Breathe and hold for 2-6 breaths.
- To release the pose, exhale while slowly lowering your head and chest to the floor.
- Now you can turn your head to the side and rest and rock your hips back and forth to remove any tension left in your lower back.