For those of you that don’t know me I am a FTM to two wild and adventurous toddler boys. I embarked on the 30 Day Challenge in order to help focus on finding some calm in my chaotic life.
I’ve always loved yoga but never found the time to attend classes since having my boys. So now I’ve challenged myself to do a little yoga everyday, even if I can only manage to get one pose in.
Today my focus is on Camel Pose.
- Relieves lower back pain
- Opens up hips
- Improves posture
- Opens your chest, improving respiration
- Stretches and strengthens your shoulders and back
- Reduces fat on thighs
- Loosens up your vertebrae
How to do it:
- Kneel on your mat and place both hands on your hips.
- Your legs should be parallel, and your knees should be the same distant apart from each other as your hips.
- Place your hands on your hips and gently start tilting your pelvis forward.
- If your comfortable, you can then begin arching your upper back and bringing your shoulder blades together to open your chest.
- If you can, reach for your heels with your toes tucked. Hold this pose for 30-60 seconds as long as it’s comfortable.
Watch the video below to see camel pose until my youngest runs off with my phone.